Monday, March 26, 2012

Proton P3-21A better?

Drive it to believe it!

Hello! Ok, now I think everyone here and there talking about Proton's new baby, the Proton P3-21A. Correct me if my statement is wrong, but I am one of the people who is talking and thinking about this new model frequently! To be honest, I am really really fall in love with this car you know. I don't know why, but my sense always have the positive side of Proton since the day they announce of this new model. Maybe I have a sixth sense?? Hahaha... Not until they officially launch this model, most of us are still in doubt of the quality of this car since the maker is the most famous manufacturer in Malaysia which always have negative critics from people around this country, and the manufacturer called PROTON!


Yes, previously I also have doubt with Proton because of their famous issue almost all users complaint about their power window! But after talking to few more people, gather all information, and get the positive and negative side of view, I think not only Proton we have to argue with the quality of the power window of another small small matter like wiper, central lock, alarm and what so ever. Since Proton is the local car manufacturer and offered the lowest price, thus most of the citizen tend to buy their cars because of the affordable price. We have to know that the ratio of cars sold to the buyer must be factored in to get to know the problem they have faced. Since Proton's price are lowest, thus their sales would be highest among others. Let's do a comparison as here:

1. 1 out of 1,000 cars manufactured have defect
2. The more car produced, the higher to get the chances of the defect car
3. 1 person bought T/H brand, but 100 people bought Proton's car
4. 100 cars from 100,000 Proton's cars manufactured will have defect
5. If we look at point #4, we can simply see the reason why more Proton's user complaint of the defect
6. Thus, the more people buy one's brands, the more chances of the car defect we will see

Imported car maker

Why must you believe what I am saying?? Because, I work in factory. Yes, I am not working with Proton but believe me every factory no matter what industries of the factory is about, surely there will be some defect of their product. I work in semiconductor industry, but here I also see the differences of cheap product versus expensive product. If cheapest product tested and have failure, we will simply scrap the units (even there are 1000 units to scrapped). But if the product have more expensive price, the engineers will have to think not 2, 3 or 4 times to scrap the unit, but need higher level management agreement and approval to scrap those units even there is ONLY one unit to be scrapped. The point here is, car price is 100,000 times more expensive than my device thus, they will think more than 100,000 times to scrap one defect car. It will very impossible to scrap one car because of their power window defect (they can replace a new set of power window to cover the losses). That is the reality of production in manufacturing industries that you all readers have to know and to be honest, I used to argue with this before I involved in this industry.

Dato' Syed Zainal

Ok back to our topic. I say, we all have to give Proton another chance. Why?? Since Dato' Syed Zainal (DSZ) took over PROTON Holdings from previous management, I believe we saw a lot of improvement of the quality of their products. Maybe we are not aware of the improvement but I heard one very funny story of the reason why DSZ offered lifetime warranty of their power window. Before that I have to say sorry if the story was only a myths I think. Hahaha... Ok like this, I heard from one of my friend, one day DSZ and his wife back from oversea (not sure which country but they back in flight), one driver (not sure his driver or taxi driver or whatever) fetched them at the airport. On the way back to their house, at a toll booth the driver opened the car's door NOT the window to pay the amount and the car was a Proton's car! Then DSZ asked the driver, "Why you not using the power window? Is it broken?" and guess what the driver answer? "The power window is OK, but people said Proton's car if use often the power window, it will be easy to broke." answer the driver and at this time, DSZ's wife was already lough out loud you know! Hahaha... This time DSZ was very pissed off from the statement and he gave his business card to the driver and said "You take my card. Use your power window frequent. If it broken, you come to my office and I replace your power window for FREE!" After this incident, DSZ announce that Proton will offer lifetime warranty for power window and recall all cars sold which have broken power window to the service center (SC) to replace the new one for FREE. This lifetime warranty is enough to say that Proton have improved their quality. Yes, there are still another quality issue, but others are not as famous as power window issue which had been talked about for years. Good job DSZ!!!

Honda City

Talking about quality, my friend bought a brand new Honda City last year. Like I said earlier, 1 out of 1,000 produced might have defect. And my friend have bad luck of his brand new Honda City. If I'm not mistaken, after few days or few weeks he received his brand new Honda City, he noticed there are some sound came out from the gear box. I am not sure what kind of sound but he did sent his new baby to SC few times to solve the problem. He sent his car more than 4 times to SC and 2 times he have to left his car overnight at the SC due to mechanics need more time to investigate the issue. I think after 5 times he sent his car, then the issue solved and he stopped complaining the issue. After that I heard that Honda City is very famous with gear box problem but I'm not really sure about this rumors. See, a very famous car manufacturer also have a problem and this problem is more serious compared to power window problem.


Another famous car manufacturer issue is Nissan Grand Livina (if I'm not mistaken but Japan's car). This story I heard from my brother (his friend's car). I forgot the problem happened to this car, but there was some problem causing the owner need to send the car to SC. And here the story told us why famous car brand owners keep their mouth ZIPPED when their branded car having problem. The reason why they keep their mouth shut because they paid large amount of money to buy the car and the car have problem! Come on, where do I put my face if people know my expensive car have problem?! Very shame you know! So, you all know why we seldom heard imported car have issue right? So we have to give Proton another chance.


Back to Proton P3-21A, the first Globar Car offered by Proton. Since the "Proton Power of 1" event held at Bukit Jalil ended last week, we saw a lot of bloggers and webmaster happened to talked about this model. This model will replace current Proton Persona model in next few weeks and we will see this new model cruising all over Malaysian roads and highways. There are lots of positive feedback from bloggers and also comment from readers. They are also few negative feedback from readers but most of them are very satisfied with the features offered by Proton thru this new model. The motto of "Committed to be Better" by Proton seems like already captured Malaysian eyes to broaden their mind to think positive about Proton. From my sight of view, based on specification on paper, this car is AWESOME!!! Very big clap give to Proton and I can say I proud of you Proton!


This new P3-21A model, offered you a 1.6L CFE engine with turbo charge comparable to 2.0L engine giving you 138 hp at 5000 rpm and 205 Nm of torque at 2000 to 4000 rpm (best in class). This turbo charge engine can accelerate from 0 to 100 km/h for only 9.6 sec and it promising you better fuel consumption (FC) for 6.6 L / 100 km! This is crazy man, one turbo charge engine can afford to have a good FC for me! There are 3 variant offered for this car, 1.6L Ex MT, 1.6L Ex CVT and 1.6L P CFE. Do see the spec as picture below.

P3-21A specification and variant

For me, the design of this car is very continental and it was aligned with Proton's mission to offer you a Global Car for this model. From the exterior sight, it will be very competitive design with other model such as Kia Forte, Honda City and even Honda Civic as well. Overall of the exterior for me, it a good looking car and I can't wait to touch her with my bare hand!

P3-21A interior dashboard

Many of readers out there commented on the interior design of this car. The exterior is great but people not only looking at the exterior sight of the car. The interior of the car itself also have to factor in because this will give the passion of the driver. Must be aware, most of time spent by the driver is in the cockpit and good interior design give a good mood of driving. Before the release of few videos by Proton, lots of bad mouth complaining about the interior of this model will be suck and you will wasting money buying this car. Lots of people also wanted a chrome logo patched on the steering wheel to give the exclusive feeling while driving. Right after the teaser video by Proton spread out, the thinking of the bad mouth came to give positive feedback and saying good job to Proton. I also myself didn't believe of the new interior design of this model come with glossy piano black finished. The exclusiveness of the interior come by push-start-stop button, touch-screen radio with built-in GPS, multi-function steering wheel, soft-touch dashboard and many more. This features makes me can't wait to see this car by my own eyes!

Let's look at the safety side of this car. This car came with ABS and EBD to make the braking more easier to control. Besides, there are 4 SRS airbags offered in this car i.e. 2 front airbags and 2 side airbags, seat belt with pre-tensioner and active headrest can reduce the injuries during accident. Cruising in the mist will be more easier with fog lamp and this offered for all variant. For people who use this car as family car, good for you as it also come with ISOFIX seat mounting to make it easier for you to mount your child's seat to this car for your child's safety. There are a lots or car thieves out there, so it will be great if the car come together with immobilizer, and believe it, this car also have this feature same as what you can see from Honda City. For those who choose Premium variant, you will also get anti-crack tinted which offer you more safety from road gangsters.

Proton P3-21A

You can see here, there are lots of new features offered by Proton for this new model. If you are refuse to choose this car, I advice you to think twice and have a look at the car's spec first rather than the brand. If you are looking for Toyota Vios or Honda City, go back and have a study first and consider this car for your another option. See the comparison first!


I tell you what, you will not be regret of choosing this car! For my overall view, this car is really superb! Very good kick for Proton to produce a better car and aligned with their new motto "Committed to be Better" Proton, believe me, if this model success, you will clean up all your bad history. But PLEASE, do not turn it back to your old history if this car really received good feedback. Quality first, quantity will come and follow you till the end. Congratulation DSZ!

P/S : Proton, I love to see your new logo!

Sponsor Links

Learn Photoshop In Just 2 Hours
Master The Basics Of Adobe Photoshop In Under 2 Hours With Easy To Follow Instantly Accessible Online Video Tutorials!
Need to see to believe!
http://www.learnphotoshopnow.com

The CopyCat Cookbooks: Fast Food Recipes
Over 500 Recipes From All Of America's Most Popular Restaurants And Fast Food Chains
Great Sales Page - Great Value - Wide Open Niche!
http://www.fastfoodrecipes.net

Complete Guide To Making Money While You Sleep
330-page EBook (over 115,000 Words)
Absolutely Packed With Info And Ideas On All Aspects Of Making Money While You Sleep!
http://www.money-while-you-sleep.biz/complete-guide.html